This year’s Floral Clock theme commemorates 100 years since the end of World War One.
It has been designed in partnership with Poppyscotland to mark 100 years since the signing of the Armistice and as part of their year-long fundraising campaign, The Poppy Pledge 1918.
Floral clock fact file
The Floral Clock was first created in 1903 by the Edinburgh Parks Superintendent, John McHattie. The clock takes three gardeners six weeks to produce, and is trimmed, weeded and watered by one gardener for the rest of the season.
The clock flowers from July until October.
Until 1972 the clock was operated mechanically, and had to be wound daily. From 1973 it was electrically driven.
The minute and hour hands measure approximately 2.4m and 1.5m respectively and when filled with plants, the large hand weighs approximately 36kg while the small weighs 22.7kg.
The clock itself is 3.6m wide, with a circumference of 11m.
Plants vary each year but some of the more commonly used varieties include Lobelia, Pyrethrum, Golden Moss and succulents such as Echeveria and Sedum.
A huge thank you to the gardeners David Dorward, Tam McKirdy and Jillian Denny who designed and planted the clock this year.