The Royal Commonwealth Pool is scheduled to open on Wednesday 21st March 2012. We can’t wait to get back in there for a swim after the £37m refurbishment. We saw the refurb in progress last year (minus the water) and it was looking great.There are plenty of activities to choose from including fitness classes and the excellent new gym facilities as well as the swimming and diving pools. The main pool is open from 5.30am until 9.30pm on weekdays and from 5.30am – 5pm on Saturdays and 7.30am – 5pm on Sundays.
You can look at the different types of membership available here.
We can’t wait to see the new facilities and will bring you a full review once it’s open. You can see pictures of the old pool on the AJ Buildings Library website.
‘Commie pool’ memories
Submit your memories of the commie pool via their website and be entered into the daily draw for a chance of winning free passes. They are also having an overall draw for Commie goodies, a year’s free membership and new sports kit courtesy of our official swimwear partner, Speedo.
Royal Commonwealth Pool
0131 667 7211
You can find all the opening times of the pool and other facilities on the Commie Pool website.
The new features will include:
– a 50m, eight-lane pool for community and specialist swimming use with a boom capable of subdividing the pool into two areas;
– a re-orientated 25m diving pool up to 5m deep with moveable floor which can be used for swimming when not in use for diving;
– a dry dive facility including trampoline and springboards to allow divers to practise out of the pool;
– a 25m pool with moveable floor to accommodate warm-up provision, swimming lessons and informal play utilising pool toys;
– new dry soft play facilities;
– a refurbished and expanded gym and fitness studios; and
– a refurbished and redesigned changing village, meeting and conference rooms
The RCP will host the diving events as part of the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games and the British Swimming squad have selected the facility as the venue for their final training camp in July 2012 ahead of the London Olympics.