Foodies Festival returning to Holyrood Park for 2011
The excellent Foodies Festival is returning to Edinburgh in 2011 on Friday 12th, Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th August in the beautiful grounds of Holyrood Park again. The festival is suitable for all the family and makes a great day out.
The event is open at the following times:
You follow the Edinburgh Foodies Festival on twitter and be kept up to date with the latest information.
Visitors will enjoy new features for 2011, as well as established favourites including:
- Chefs Theatre: The regions Michelin star and top chefs will cook their favourite signature dishes live, passing on hints and tips.
- Fringe stars including Tim Vine, The Hamiltons and Four Poofs and a Piano will join top chefs on stage to mix cooking with comedy.
- Fringe Highlights: Acts from the Edinburgh Fringe Festival will perform live, giving visitors a taster of the best music, dance and comedy.
- Pop-up Cook School: Visitors will enjoy hands-on cooking and tasting sessions, with guidance from top chefs and food experts.
- Cooking with Kids: Masterclasses for budding young chefs and their families.
- Drinks Masterclass Theatre: Mixing and shaking, nosing and tasting sessions where visitors are led through the complexities of gin, rum, speciality beer, wine and cocktails.
- Speciality and local exhibitors: Visitors can sample and buy exclusive ingredients from over 100 food and drink producers.
- Great Taste Market: Featuring stallholders whose products have won a prestigious Great Taste Award in the last three years (new for 2011)
- Restaurant Village: Visitors can indulge in dishes from around the world
- Bar Pagoda Tents: Visitors can enjoy a glass of bubbly or seasonal cocktail made by expert mixologists.
You can buy tickets in advance with a 3 day ticket costing £18 and a day ticket £10. Concessions are available.
We have 5 pairs of 3-day tickets to give away in our easy competition worth £36 per pair!
You can enter in 3 different ways:
1. On our facebook page ‘like’ the relevant post by 6pm on Sunday 24th July 2011.
2. On twitter, RT the relevant tweet by 6pm on Sunday 24th July 2011.
3. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘FOODIES’ in the subject line.
Winners will be picked at random on Sunday evening and will be notified by email on where to collect the winning tickets. Good luck!
* sun cannot be guaranteed of course!