The 2010 Middle East Festival One World Peace Concert celebrates the cultural diversity of Scotland and the Middle East. The concert takes place at the Roxy Art House from 7-11pm on the 6th Feb. Doors open at 6pm. £12/£10 (concessions).
The running order on the evening is:
- 6pm-7pm: Food and drink provided by Susie’s Diner
- 7pm-7.45pm: Waa Sylla – African rhythms and dance
- 8pm-8.45pm: Samba Sene and Diwan – charismatic Sengalese singer
- 8.45pm-9.15pm: Interval for food and drink provided by Susie’s Diner
- 9.15pm-10.05pm: GOL – ‘UK & Iranian nu-jazz world electronica’!
- 10.20pm-11pm: Babylon Arabic Band – a multi-nationality band playing Arabic tunes
Tickets for the event are available from Tickets Scotland and are also on sale from:
- Susie’s Diner, 51–53 West Nicolson Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9DB. 0131 667 8729;
- Hilary’s Bazaar, 297 The Royal Mile, Canongate, Edinburgh, EH8 8BD. 0131 225 7103. www.hilarysbazaar.com;
- Yekta, 96 South Bridge, Edinburgh, EH1 1HN, 0131 225 9706.