Mon’s Meg is a huge medieval siege gun that was presented to King James II in 1457 and used in war against the English and stands proudly inside Edinburgh Castle.
During one firing in 1558, the massive gunstone was found almost 2 miles away ! It was last fired in 1681 when it’s gun barrel burst.
Mon’s Meg wheels support the 6 ton barrel and 2 ton carriage and it was recently found that one of the metal bands on the wheels was distorted due to the huge weight.
The wheel is due back in the nest couple of days, so Mons Meg will stand proud once again. More information about the repair can be found HERE.